View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Loading Screen Contest - JUDGING IN PROCESS 

Post Loading Screen Contest - JUDGING IN PROCESS
Finally, it's here.. uv-RO's first ever

Loading Screen Event!

There is no theme for this event. You can do whatever you want as long as it's within rules. Be creative! This event will run until Friday, September 30th. You can post your submissions in this thread or PM them to me.

Rules

1. No obscenities. No profanity, excessive violence, nudity, etc.
2. uv-RO must be in the loading screen somewhere. You can use the full name or abbreviation, as long as it's there.
3. If you use official art and photoshop it, make sure it's from the website and link a reference to it. Don't just rip some image off of Google and submit it as yours.
4. The work you submit must be your own. Have integrity, people.
5. The dimensions must be 1024 x 768. The format must be jpeg.
6. You can submit as many times as you want, and all of your entries may be used, but you can only win one prize.
7. The GMs have the right to adjust the rules as they see fit.

If you're unsure about any rules, go ahead and ask. If you have an idea for a screenshot but are wondering if it's appropriate, ask before you take the time to make it.

Be creative! The GM staff is looking forward to the entries. Don't be shy if you can't draw; edit a screenshot in a unique way and that might make a good loading screen too.

Prizes
1st Place: 35 Voyage Tokens
2nd Place: 25 Voyage Tokens
3rd Place: 15 Voyage Tokens
Honorable Mentions: 5 Voyage Tokens

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Post Re: Loading Screen Contest
Uhhh, Photoshop event *-*
Well, I have a doubt about the reference to the official art. I'm used to sign everything I photoshop (there are a lot of people around the internet who like to steal someone's artwork and claim it as their own. Yeah, it happened to me -.-) and I give copyrights to the artist. Something like "By Shibiusa | Artwork by ..." or "By Shibiusa | (c) Copyrights to the respective owners". Should I sign it with my nickname? Besides that, can I add something like "(c) Ragnarok Online - Official Artwork"? It would be quite discrete, in a corner. I don't want to get in trouble with the copyrights and I know that too much text would kill the artwork xD

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:32 pm

My assassin cross.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Shibiusa wrote:
Well, I have a doubt about the reference to the official art. I'm used to sign everything I photoshop (there are a lot of people around the internet who like to steal someone's artwork and claim it as their own. Yeah, it happened to me -.-) and I give copyrights to the artist. Something like "By Shibiusa | Artwork by ..." or "By Shibiusa | (c) Copyrights to the respective owners". Should I sign it with my nickname? Besides that, can I add something like "(c) Ragnarok Online - Official Artwork"? It would be quite discrete, in a corner. I don't want to get in trouble with the copyrights and I know that too much text would kill the artwork xD

3. If you use official art and photoshop it, make sure it's from the website and link a reference to it. Don't just rip some image off of Google and submit it as yours.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 pm

genadienx wrote:
Shibiusa wrote:

I think I didn't make myself clear, sorry... I was asking if I could do something like this (notice the bottom left corner): http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa27 ... ercopy.png
Sign it in a corner, in a discrete way, and give credits to the artist/game/copyrighters to prevent any problem. Or it's just to post the image here and say "This is an official artwork because I found it here (website) and my stock source was (website)"? I don't mind doing that... ^^"

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:44 pm

The short answer: yes, you can. That is a good thing to do, very honest of you as an artist. :)

Long answer: You can put any text you want in your entry as long as it isn't obscene, profane, offensive, etc. You have complete artistic license to your image as long as it doesn't violate any of the rules that I listed. If you feel really strongly about copyright issues, you can even reference the brushes you used if you downloaded them off of someone.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:46 am

can we do screen shots?

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:25 am
Profile YIM

Fey wrote:
Don't be shy if you can't draw; edit a screenshot in a unique way and that might make a good loading screen too.

Yes. ;]

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:02 am

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 am
Profile YIM

Hey guys, I'm new to the server but decided to give the contest a shot. :lol:
Here is just a work in progress but what do you guys think about it?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next